PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Dancing Coneflowers

Jackie Schuknecht
02-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Used the 500 and had the foremost flower in focus although it became less sharp through processing. I used Frac for a glow on the edge of the petals, then the glass filter, the wave filter, and then Analog Efex >Barrel filter which distorted the base layer and lowered the opacity for a sense of fun and movement.

Randall Farhy
02-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Jackie, I was drawn to this immediately. I really like how the greens shifted to the blue family, it imparts a sense of moodiness. The filter work gives it motion and a lighter feeling. The glass filter works, it creates tension with the horizontal flow of the image, though I wonder if I might not like a version without it more. I'd also try bringing up the orange channel just a touch by shifting slightly toward the yellow, or perhaps adding a bit of luminosity to them. Nicely done!

Dennis Bishop
02-25-2014, 12:30 PM
I like this a lot because of the colors and the dancing flowers. Even though the background is dark, there's a wonderful sense of joy and airiness. Randall has some interesting ideas about the orange, but I think the image is great the way it is right now.

Cheryl Slechta
02-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Jackie, I love the flow. It's a perfect combination of filters to creating a light, whimsical image even though the background is dark. It reminds me of the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies:S3:

Nancy Bell
02-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Fantastic waving, dancing effect with the petals! With that graceful horizontal motion, I like balance by the vertical-ness of the one stem and all the orange stamens of the centers.

Anita Bower
02-25-2014, 05:58 PM
They do look like they are dancing. Love those petals. The processing you did emphasized the movement and flow of the petals. Lovely colors.

Judy Howle
02-25-2014, 09:13 PM
I love the dancing petals! Very creative processing, and nice color palette.

Diane Miller
02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm way behind here and don't have time to catch up, but maybe I can PICK things up.

This is very ethereal and all has really been said above. Randall's ideas are interesting -- would love to see them tried.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
02-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Jackie,

Greetings. As others have mentioned beautiful color and dancing motion. I get the feeling of what flowers do when we are finished looking just after sunset. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Kerry Perkins
02-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Lovely colors and sense of motion throughout the image. My eye goes first to the sharper flower in the lower left, the flows up and out of the frame in the opposite corner. Very nice!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the comments, I will try Randalls' suggestions on the orange, but I really like the petals as they are.:bg3: