PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Modern Grunge Sunset

Judy Howle
02-24-2014, 02:45 PM
From the basic image already posted, I added a Machine Wash layer in color burn (I think), played with levels and curves, and added a film effect with a border in Exposure 5. I also transformed it a little to eliminate some of the black pier at the bottom mostly.

Anita Bower
02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
I like the texture work you did, and the frame. I think I'd prefer a little less saturation, but that may be because I'm comparing it to your previous image.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-25-2014, 09:17 AM
Foreboding Judy. I t really conveys a sense of menace to me, like what is that person planning on doing anyway? I think I like this one the best.

Judy Howle
02-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks Anita. I see your point but I liked the increased saturation. I might do another version with less sat.

I like the texture work you did, and the frame. I think I'd prefer a little less saturation, but that may be because I'm comparing it to your previous image.

Judy Howle
02-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Thanks Jackie. This is my favorite too.

Foreboding Judy. I t really conveys a sense of menace to me, like what is that person planning on doing anyway? I think I like this one the best.

Cheryl Slechta
02-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi, Judy, I think I like these intense colors better than the first post. It looks more forboding:S3:

Nancy Bell
02-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Judy, your work has taken on a very modern and edgy effect that I really like. It is truly unique, and this one is excellent. The blobs & lines of black framing that extend up the sides and around the image from the pier are very effective, as well as those throughout the image. And your perspective puts the viewer right into the image. Well crafted!

Judy Howle
02-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks Cheryl and Nancy! I love this type of grunge and exploring ways to do it. Machine Wash is lots of fun and the basic plugin is free, but I'm tempted to buy it, but it's $99 - eek.

Kerry Perkins
02-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi Judy, I love how this image contains those two basic elements of organic and graphic looks. I can see it both as an abstract work and as a view out of a window. I like both versions of the image equally, the cracks in the original are interesting as is the more abstract texture of this one.

Judy Howle
02-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Repost with a little less sat and a tiny bit lighter.

Judy Howle
02-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks very much Kerry!

Hi Judy, I love how this image contains those two basic elements of organic and graphic looks. I can see it both as an abstract work and as a view out of a window. I like both versions of the image equally, the cracks in the original are interesting as is the more abstract texture of this one.

Anita Bower
02-28-2014, 05:46 AM
Great re post!