PDA

View Full Version : Black Winged Kite

Kamal Hari Menon
02-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Hi,

Got this guy in flight Yesterday morning..

is about 40% crop.

not sure about the colors.. it was a foggy morning.

kindly give your comments

Exif
Camera Nikon D7100
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/2000)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 420 mm
ISO Speed 1400
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash Off, Did not fire
Exposure Program Aperture-priority AE
Date and Time (Original) 2014:02:23 07:13:15
Date and Time (Digitized) 2014:02:23 07:13:15
Max Aperture Value 5.7
Metering Mode Spot
Exposure Mode Auto
White Balance Auto

regards
Kamal
https://www.facebook.com/BirdingDiaryKamalHariMenon

David Kenny
02-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Very nice. The eye and the beak are very sharp. Great composition and very smooth background. Did you apply any noise reduction to this? Not sure if it is from the crop or noise reduction but on my monitor the tail feathers have that painting look to them.

- Dave

Iain Barker
02-24-2014, 06:19 PM
I really like this Kamal. The eye is nice and sharp and I like the position of the bird. I don't mind that the bird is heading away slightly.
There is a little noise on the birds wings which could be from the crop at high iso or from processing.

TFS
Iain

Kamal Hari Menon
02-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the comments Dave & Iain,

Noise levels where pretty high on the original image.. because of low light High ISO

I have done selective noise reduction in the background(high) and on the bird(moderate).

Then did a bit of sharpening on the birds face.

Diane Miller
02-24-2014, 11:03 PM
This is gorgeous!! I can't think of anything negative to say so I'm speechless. :w3

Being old enough to remember film, I don't mind a little noise, and the background is lovely! Good job tracking this guy! I'd probably lighten the eye just a little, but some people wouldn't want to alter things in that way.

Sandy Witvoet
02-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Beautiful, Kamal! Gives the feeling of the flight in wings and tail with great focus on the head and eye. Background is "killer"! Superb image!

Richard Stern
02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I think it's a very effective image, but I wonder if lightening the bird and increasing the contrast tad might give it a bit more "pop".I like the angle and the placement of the bird in the frame. The bird's back and tail seem a little soft, and there is indeed still some noise in the bg on the rhs, but these issues are very minor.

Richard