PDA

View Full Version : Silver Xenica

John Cooper
05-14-2008, 02:41 AM
This is a similar image to the backlit Correa Brown posted some time ago. It is however a different species.

Canon EOS 5, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 100, Natural back-light plus reflector, F22, Tripod.

Ed Vatza
05-14-2008, 05:32 AM
I love these butterfly in morning dew images that you've been posting. Beautiful color, early morning light, very sharp. Just beautiful images, John.

Gus Cobos
05-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Great capture, Love the dew drops. It looks like hes frozen in time...:eek:

David Steele
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Superb John. Great detail, colours and background. The patterns and false eyes on the wing are truly amazing! No nits from me. Oh yes, the brightness is once again spot on. . . .

Robert O'Toole
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I agree with David the patterns on the wing are amazing! The dew is a big plus to an already great image.

Is this another one of your 10 sec exposures John? I dont think many BPN'rs realize how tough this is with Film!

Robert

John Cooper
05-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree with David the patterns on the wing are amazing! The dew is a big plus to an already great image.

Is this another one of your 10 sec exposures John? I dont think many BPN'rs realize how tough this is with Film!

Robert

Hi Robert, yes this would have been a long exposure but probaly around the 2 second mark. Even though very early mornings are quite still there always seems to be the slightest of movemnet of the subject when viewed through the view-finder.
I often wonder whether the warmth of my body (in these cold conditions) creates some minor air currents!!??

Julie Kenward
05-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Beautiful image, John. Good composure and wonderful sharpness and detail.

Ramon M. Casares
05-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Love it! Great sharpness and lightning!!! Congrasts!

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi John,
Been busy...................so I'm late..............very well done as always!..........but I have to ask.........do you mist them???.........or strictly dew???

John Cooper
05-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Hi John,
Been busy...................so I'm late..............very well done as always!..........but I have to ask.........do you mist them???.........or strictly dew???

Hi Roman - misting would be the easy way out and would save me the 3:30am rise to be up in the alpine region by dawn :) Besides I don't think anyone could achieve the even distribution of water droplets as mother nature does ;)