02-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Canon 300 f.2,8
Canon 1D Mark IV
1so 1000
f.3,5
1/2000

Marina Scarr
02-22-2014, 04:22 PM
This is amazing action/behavior you have captured and I love the flying snow. IT's amazing that you managed to capture the locked talons of these two!!! There's only one thing I wish for here, and that is to see one eye of one bird...just one. I feel that is the only thing keeping from making this image a 10.

Robert Kimbrell
02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Wow, Thats one outstanding shot. The closeness to the scene, the flying snow and nice focus. As Marina stated, this would be over the top if there was an eye visible.

Enrique Patino
02-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Great shot. Too bad you were not 90 degrees to your right.

Dave Spates
02-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Golden eagles are one of my favorite raptors - a eye shot in this would be great, but the action captured here with the locked talons and nature at its finest is amazing, shots like this are the ones I dream of (but have not gotten yet). Amazing shot

Arthur Morris
02-23-2014, 06:06 AM
For an image of two birds with no eyes visible you have created a wonderfully exciting image. Were the birds baited? Where was the image made?I would guess from a hide in Finland....

Giovanni Frescura
02-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Hello
Arthur
it is right.
I was mae from Eero's hide in Finland...for me the best place for golden eagle in Finland also for the spectacular bg.
I hope to return here the next year....(if you like we could go there togheter...)
Ciao
Gio

Jonathan Ashton
02-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Amazing shot excellent detail well focussed, OK an eye would have been nice but this is really impressive.

Gerald Kelberg
02-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Ciao Gio,

This is a really marvellous image! I agree to be able to see an eye from either of the birds would be great - but they would probably have the dictating membrane over the eye anyhow - given the action.

I was in Trondheim, Norway at about the same time but didn't get anything like this level of action! Maybe I will have to re-think my plans for next year!

Best wishes,
Gerald

Arthur Morris
03-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Hello
Arthur
it is right.
I was mae from Eero's hide in Finland...for me the best place for golden eagle in Finland also for the spectacular bg.
I hope to return here the next year....(if you like we could go there togheter...)
Ciao
Gio

Thanks for the invite Gio! We ask that everyone mention if a bird was attracted by baiting even if you think that everyone already knows that that is the case. So please remember to do so. Thanks!

ps: the image is still astounding!