PDA

View Full Version : Theme: f2 Rose

Anita Bower
02-21-2014, 05:45 PM
I took my f1.8 50mm lens to Longwood Gardens one day last year and enjoyed the challenge of hand-held, shallow dof, photography.

Basic processing including Topaz Adjust, CEP Vignette Blur, 2 CoffeeShop Textures (http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/p/textures-and-digital-paper.html), and desaturation of the rose.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Another beautiful flower Anita, I love it! The colours pop, and the colour of the rose is elegant as is the composition.

Judy Howle
02-22-2014, 02:26 PM
The rose is beautiful in soft pink, and I love the soft greens of the background and leaves. You might consider a crop from the bottom to the end of the stem as an alternative.

Cheryl Slechta
02-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Anita, this is gorgeous and I wouldn't change a thing. Lovely color, dof and textures - really very nice.:S3:

Nancy Bell
02-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Beautiful composition with the stem rising from the soft, blurred greens, with just the rough edges of two lower leaves leading up to the graceful shape of the rose, and the lovely pop of color! I always admire how seamlessly you are able to incorporate textures into your images.

Dennis Bishop
02-23-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm prejudiced toward almost anything that's pink and green, so I have to really like this. The overall softness and the delicate color of the rose are worth extra points. The only thing I'd change if it were mine would be the stem by making it softer and having it fade more gradually into the background.

Anita Bower
02-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you, Dennis. Good suggestion. I like it!
Thank you Cheryl, Nancy, Jackie, Judy.
Thank you to you faithful few!!!!

Diane Miller
02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Gorgeous image! I like the suggestion on the stem -- I thought that when I saw it but got too busy to comment.

Guess we'll pass Dennis by when we serve the lime and raspberry sorbet... Sorry, guy. :w3