PDA

View Full Version : Romantic

Troy Lim
02-19-2014, 11:27 PM

Shot taken at Venice Rookery two weekends ago. It was cloudy and I opted for long focal length to get a cleaner shot.
1Dx, 600 II plus 2x TC III, 1/1000, f/8, ISO2000, Manual on Tripod

Arthur Morris
02-20-2014, 04:51 AM
Exposure and sharpness and mood all very nice. I think that a horizontal may have worked better as that would have avoided the d-o-f issues on the near wing. The biggest problem for me is the partially obscured eye of the female.

Troy Lim
02-20-2014, 07:36 AM
Exposure and sharpness and mood all very nice. I think that a horizontal may have worked better as that would have avoided the d-o-f issues on the near wing. The biggest problem for me is the partially obscured eye of the female.

Thank you Artie. I can see how he partial eye may be an issue for some. As for the dof on the near wing, I don't get it how that would help going horizontal, my distance to the subjects would not have changed just by going horizontal. Unless you mean by going wider?

Marina Scarr
02-21-2014, 09:25 AM
While I do like this image, Troy, you put up another one that I recently saw which blows this one away. I understand why you like this one, and it surely has some strong and unique elements. It works great in vertical, and the tight crop tells a great story without having to show too much.

Troy Lim
02-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Thank you Marina.

While I do like this image, Troy, you put up another one that I recently saw which blows this one away. I understand why you like this one, and it surely has some strong and unique elements. It works great in vertical, and the tight crop tells a great story without having to show too much.