PDA

View Full Version : lightpad flower

Grahame Hamblin
02-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Another lightpad taken at the same time as my other> Wondered what your thoughts were as what to do with it D800e 135 lens f8 and 1 sec I think
Grahame

Randall Farhy
02-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Hi-I ran this one thru topaz Labs clarity with a setting of "Flower III" which micro-adjusts contrast on several different tonal ranges, saturation and detail. (short on time, the preset did most of what I was hoping for). I then added a Bevel/Emboss for the edges and selected a color spot from the leaf for the border.

Cheryl Slechta
02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi, Grahame - I like the light pad work and also like Randall's rendition. I find that Fractalius (lightly applied) works very nicely with light pad images. If you've got Fractalius it would be worth playing around with.

Grahame Hamblin
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks Cheryl I have Fractalius but have not used it for some time will give it a go.
Grahame

Nancy Bell
02-20-2014, 01:57 PM
I think you captured the translucent quality of the back petal very nicely. Very good composition with the 3 center parts of the petal & the 2 front petals making the V that goes down to the stem. The light pad gives a wonderful minimalist look to an image. I like the added drama of the colored frame and that it picks up the bright green.

Grahame Hamblin
02-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks Nancy I am still debating that frame.
Grahame

Dennis Bishop
02-22-2014, 07:05 PM
I like the color combination, your composition and the idea of using a border. Encouraged by your asking what our thoughts were as what to do with it, I decided to incorporate Randall's idea of a green border and Cheryl's observation about using Fractalius with light box images with an idea of my own. Because it already had a green border, I used Randall's image as a starting point but lightened and desaturated the border. That made it less vibrant, and it seemed to give the image some depth. A black & white Fractalius layer further defined the veins in the leaves and petals (beyond what the backlighting and Randall's processing did). Finally, I added a soft shadow for more depth. It wasn't consistent with the actual lighting, of course, but it still seemed to work.

Randall Farhy
02-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Dennis- that rendition really comes alive. You've drawn out more detail without going overboard on the fractilius effect.

Grahame Hamblin
02-24-2014, 02:45 AM
Dennis thank you so much you made the image pop. I must admit that larger boarder had me worried but the other comments helped and you just added the finishing touches. Thank you I am back to the drawing board .
Grahame