PDA

View Full Version : Morehen

Mitch Carucci
02-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Upgraded to the slightly newer version of Simplify (4.1), and thought I would play with it. If you upgrade, make sure that you have the file that says fix in it. The first release had problems, especially for those with AMD chips.

Randall Farhy
02-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Mitch-This reminds me of modern art, abstract yet realistic at certain levels. I feel the colors work really well together, keeping the eye and bill rather true to what I thought to be a Coot also works well. The composition is strong though I might trim a hair off the top and left as I feel the leaves compete with those brilliant flowers (color) and the bird (size) a little bit too much. I'm usually not drawn to this style, but there is something about this that keeps my attention.

Diane Miller
02-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Nice effect! But I'm wondering if I don't want to see the bright petal in the LL darker -- maybe with a gradient toward the corner. And maybe a little of the same for the UL.

Nancy Bell
02-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Lots of interesting colors and bold shapes! The 2 red flowers catch my eye first and then send my eye back to the coot. Diane has a good suggestion about the lower bright petal. Love the position & brightness of the leg and that the lobed toes are spread out. It creates a nice balance with the left side of the image.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Lovely painterly effect. I like the colours especially in the moorhen. I think it would be improved also by darkening the leaf in the LLC.