PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Cyclamen

Anita Bower
02-18-2014, 08:24 AM
105mm macro lens, f3, indoors.

Minimal processing: CEP: Reflector Effects and Glamour Glow, Neutralize Whites.

Dennis Bishop
02-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Very nice, Anita. I like the softness, the color palette, the composition, and that subtle pink background with more color at the bottom.

Anita Bower
02-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Very nice, Anita. I like the softness, the color palette, the composition, and that subtle pink background with more color at the bottom.
Thanks. I didn't intend there to be more color at the bottom. :w3

Nancy Bell
02-18-2014, 11:19 AM
So very soft and delicate, like a wisp of a cloud or the sweet cheeks of a sleepy, happy baby. I love the delicate curl on the upper leaf & the curving pink lines at the base of that leaf leading into the stem, and the continuing graceful curve of the stem. The pinks are just lovely!

Randall Farhy
02-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Anita, the concept and soft palette are wonderful. I really like the composition and minimalist approach here. The PP is delicate on the sharpness without being soft on the in focus area, which works well here. The only thing that I'm at odds with, and I might have to see something side by side to be certain-I think I would've preferred more of the front petal and greenish cup to be in focus (just below the greenish brown element) as opposed to the balanced appearance presented. My eye feels like it's being forced to choose between the two zones. That said, I feel this works well for the theme and turned out well as is.

Diane Miller
02-18-2014, 10:40 PM
I love the subtle colors and beautiful soft focus! Good points brought up -- I'm wondering if an alternate version might have the stem fading out toward the bottom.

Anita Bower
02-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Anita, the concept and soft palette are wonderful. I really like the composition and minimalist approach here. The PP is delicate on the sharpness without being soft on the in focus area, which works well here. The only thing that I'm at odds with, and I might have to see something side by side to be certain-I think I would've preferred more of the front petal and greenish cup to be in focus (just below the greenish brown element) as opposed to the balanced appearance presented. My eye feels like it's being forced to choose between the two zones. That said, I feel this works well for the theme and turned out well as is.
Are you suggesting that the focus be more on the front petal? I can see what you mean. Next time I'm shooting something like this, I will try different points of focus. I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Anita Bower
02-19-2014, 06:12 AM
I love the subtle colors and beautiful soft focus! Good points brought up -- I'm wondering if an alternate version might have the stem fading out toward the bottom.
Good suggestion. Hadn't thought of that.

Judy Howle
02-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Lovely composition and colors, and I like your processing. I agree with Randall that I found myself wanting to see the front petal more in focus next time you shoot one like this. Love your flowers and leaves!

Cheryl Slechta
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi, Anita, lovely image and compostion. I'm odd man(woman) out on your focal point. The first thing I noticed was your focus point and I liked it(that's what makes OOTB so interesting:S3:).

Anita Bower
02-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Thank you all. I like reading differing opinions.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
02-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Anita,

Greetings. Beautiful. I particularly like the focus on the petal as it kisses the oof stem. Good show! One of my favorite flowers, too.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jackie Schuknecht
02-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Dreamy Anita, like it as presented. Especially with the subtle pink BG.