PDA

View Full Version : One of these

Dave Phillips
05-13-2008, 08:56 PM
One of these......brown eyed susan?

Not sure if there is good merit in the center positioning, but I like it.
Taken with Panasonic TZ1 P&S over a year ago 1/250, f/2.8(too shallow dof, I was learning),
ISO 80(pany is noisy), +.33ev, 35mm equiv.

Roman Kurywczak
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey Dave,
First the good.........Oh man is that one sweet (cone???) flower. The natural lighting is not tooo bad! Now possible improvements.......... As you by now know....i'm a big fan of crops.......and would probably go with a vert........a few of the stems in the BG...could use a bit more blurring.......but the bud in the LL below the bloom is a plus! Fill flash or a reflector would have helped this one out to bring it up a level.

Robert O'Toole
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Wow the image really pops, the sharpness is great and the lighting isnt too bad. DOF looks fine too me, okay 1 or 2 petals are OOF, but I dont mind them.

wish there was some kind of anchor in one of the ROT points though, that would improve the image.

Robert

John Cooper
05-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I love the lighting here Dave giving some modelling to this lovey flower. Excellent detail.
Compositional improvements already mentioned.

Ed Vatza
05-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Love the detail in the flower. Would love to see a bit more light on the right side and background blurred just a bit.

Dave Phillips
05-14-2008, 07:05 PM
thanks friends......points noted on comp/light.

and Roman, remember this was just a little pocket camera, not even a viewfinder :)
good comment and I always appreciate it