PDA

View Full Version : Abstract from St Augustine Nights of Lights

Mark Fuge
02-16-2014, 11:10 PM
This was an image that I took that I really didn't think would turn out at all. It was taken about 8:30 at night, away from the downtown area with only the distant yard lights of the area homes. However, thanks to Photoshop I did get an interesting image. This is not that image. This is an abstract that I created from it, when I was just passing some time at the end of the day. I will post the original below, if anyone wishes to see it. If you guess it, I will be amazed. It is not a critter or bird. That I will tell you. The rest will be revealed in the Rest of the Story. : > )

Processed with Photoshop, Topaz Lens Effects, Topaz Simplify, and Photoshop 3D. I added the bg color and the blk at the base of the abstract image. Otherwise it was created in PS 3D, following the other steps.

Hope to get back more often in the next few months, after taxes are sent in and life settles back to normal again. See you soon.

Randall Farhy
02-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Water fountain? Mark, this is fascinating-the finished piece looks like it could've been taken with an electron microscope. Textures are well balanced with the negative space, lending to a 3d effect. I really like the tones used , the frame and matte support the image nicely. Only suggestion would be slightly more space along the right edge, feels a little tight there.

Judy Howle
02-17-2014, 11:01 AM
I have no clue what it is, but it's a very cool abstract! I like the presentation very much, well done!

Nancy Bell
02-17-2014, 04:32 PM
The somewhat shiny surfaces and the sharp edges make me think of a metal sculpture. The shadow makes this look like a real thing and not a figment of your imagination! It's very attractive. Don't let all that work keep you away from here!

Mark Fuge
02-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Due to the distance of the answers, from the reality of the original image, I didn't want you hurting your brain or getting nightmares over it. :e3 This is the original and the first generation of the image that created the abstract. It is a little different than the final image, I agree. But art is in the eye of the beholder and whatever you see in the final image above is what it is. I take nothing away from your imagination in that regard. For I have my own interpretation of it and to each their own! :bg3:

Time to get back into the lightroom and see what develops! :Whoa!:

Jackie Schuknecht
02-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Wild Mark, I like the extrude filter and the lines echoing the frame. Might work well as a square crop too.