PDA

View Full Version : berry sad

Dennis Bishop
02-16-2014, 10:01 PM
When I started processing this, I knew where I was going. But I ended up somewhere else.

Nikon D3S, ISO 1000, f/11, 7-exposure HDR at 1 EV intervals, 105 mm macro lens

processing

Topaz Simplify -- Watercolor II
Alien Skin Snap Art -- two saved Watercolor presets, both Color blend mode, 83 and 48% opacities
Joel Olives textures -- two; Multiply blend mode 36%, Darken blend mode, 52%
Photo Filter adjustment layer -- violet, masked
Nik Viveza
three black & white layers at Multiply blend mode -- Fractalius, 95%; Snap Art Stylize Line Art, masked, 18%; Simplify edges, 70%
The ear on the right side of the image is from the left side. The eyes, mouth, and tear started out as berries elsewhere in the image.
Joel Olives texture -- one and its duplicate, Color Burn blend mode, 14%; Darker Color blend mode, 45%
gradient vignette

Diane Miller
02-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Amazing! And I love the palette!

If ever there was an example of the "steps" not beginning to describe the image, this has to be it!

One nitpick -- I'm drawn more than I would like to that darker leaf in the UR.

Nancy Bell
02-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Too funny...great title with the image made me break into a big smile! As always, you put all the layers together with great creativity. The purples really add to the "sad" effect.

Anita Bower
02-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Thank you for making me laugh out loud!!! Fabulous colors--greens and purples--soft and wonderful. As always, amazing processing.

Randall Farhy
02-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Dennis- what a fun image- well thought out with a delicate feel. Great color palette and elements. The tear on the cheek is an extra special touch, I like it.

Cheryl Slechta
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Dennis, what a fantastic image - funny, whimsical and charming all rolled into one:S3: Perfect processing for the image.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Very creative Dennis, I love the purple green combination and the "sad" leaf. I like the soft feel and processing too.