PDA

View Full Version : Mother and baby on nest

Dennis Zaebst
02-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Taken yesterday at Venice, FL. There were two babies in the nest, but one has its head down. (It was cold at 51° F with the wind blowing, which kept the birds huddled down until later in the morning.) When I got there at 8:00 I thought I was too late for good photos, but as it turned out, nothing happened until about 9:30, when the sun cleared the pine trees at my back, and it warmed up considerably. Then all the birds started moving around and doing their usual thing.

1D Mark IV, ISO 400, 500 mm f/4L IS, 1/1600 sec. at f/6.3. Slight crop in LR 5.3 and slight sharpening (Amount 25, Radius 1.0).

arash_hazeghi
02-16-2014, 12:25 AM
nice view of the nest, both are sharp and well exposed. I wish the leaves were not blocking the adult's feet. Some kind of interaction between the adult and juvi would take this to the top

gail bisson
02-16-2014, 08:41 AM
I like this Dennis.
I would add more canvas up top if you have it and clone out the branch intersecting with the bird's rear end.
The exposure is spot on and no white feathers blown out on the throat (which is so easy to do with these guys)
Gail

John Rowell
02-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Well done, your patience paid off here. I'd consider removing the brown twig to the right of the adult's tail and the dark oof leaf just above the middle of it's back.