PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Jamie Heiden--Emma and Beniel's Farm in Winter

Anita Bower
02-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Our Amish neighbor's farm. Took photo a couple of morning's ago.
18-200 mm lens at 52mm.
Topaz Simplify, Desaturate, Viveza.
Textures used: The Domfelde by Spektoral Addendum (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41043877@N06/11370371935/in/pool-textures4layers); Distressed Textures (ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/jewellofdistressed/4700739465/in/set-).

Link to Jamie Heiden: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamieheiden/12505268793/

Cheryl Slechta
02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Oh, Anita, I really like this - it reminds me of a Wyeth painting. I think I'd clean up the top edge - probably part of the texture but other than than I love it:S3: Thanks for the texture links.

Anita Bower
02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Oh, Anita, I really like this - it reminds me of a Wyeth painting. I think I'd clean up the top edge - probably part of the texture but other than than I love it:S3: Thanks for the texture links.
Thanks. I noticed the texture along top edge when I posted it. I also need to clean up the left side. Thanks!

Judy Howle
02-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Beautiful snowy scene Anita!! Love the textures and thanks for the link, she does beautiful work!!

Diane Miller
02-14-2014, 06:46 PM
I thought of Wyeth right away -- beautifully done!

I didn't know about Jamie Heiden -- hers is just gorgeous work!! Thanks for the link!

Dennis Bishop
02-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I agree with Cheryl and Diane -- nobody would be surprised to see this hanging in the Brandywine River Museum. It's hard to tell if I like it so much because I like the subject or because you shot and processed it so well. Probably a lot of both. Because it's a winter scene, I had to try it out with a very light application of a cooling Photo Filter adjustment layer. That worked, too, but I like the warm tones you used.

I'm just learning my way around Flickr. How does one download textures from there?

gary ellwein
02-15-2014, 12:41 AM
Anita, I like this very much. I'm familiar with Amish farms; but, have never seen them in deep snow. Your textures and filters impart the sense of blizzard conditions. Well done.

Anita Bower
02-15-2014, 06:17 AM
I'm just learning my way around Flickr. How does one download textures from there?
I often find free textures at this site: http://www.flickr.com/groups/textures4layers/
To download, click on the texture, which will take you to the flickr site of the person who created the texture. Then, right click on the texture, and select "Original size." Click on "download original size of this photo." I save the information about who created the texture, it's name, and the url. It is polite to credit the creator of free textures.

Anita Bower
02-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Thank you all! I appreciate your encouragement. I'm thinking I need to tone down that one bright area on the main barn. I hope you all enjoy Jamie's outstanding photos.

Dennis Bishop
02-15-2014, 08:24 AM
I often find free textures at this site: http://www.flickr.com/groups/textures4layers/
To download, click on the texture, which will take you to the flickr site of the person who created the texture. Then, right click on the texture, and select "Original size." Click on "download original size of this photo." I save the information about who created the texture, it's name, and the url. It is polite to credit the creator of free textures.

Sure enough, it works. Thank you very much.

Rachel Hollander
02-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Hi Anita - I also thought of Wyeth. Spent a lot of time at the Dupont Hotel in Wilmington which has a bunch of Wyeths in the restaurant and this would fit right in. Have you thought about getting rid of the pole in the middle?

TFS,
Rachel

Anita Bower
02-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Hi Anita - I also thought of Wyeth. Spent a lot of time at the Dupont Hotel in Wilmington which has a bunch of Wyeths in the restaurant and this would fit right in. Have you thought about getting rid of the pole in the middle?

TFS,
Rachel
Thanks. Good suggestion about the pole.

Nancy Bell
02-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Anita, this is awesome! Love the paleness of the image with the bits of red buildings just showing. Beautiful use and application of the texture. Agree with the bit of edge clean-up and the pole. Thank you for both links. Always glad for the shared info.

Randall Farhy
02-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Anita- This one is Gallery/Print/Postcard perfect.

Anita Bower
02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Thank you Randy and Nancy. :-)

Jackie Schuknecht
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM
This is beautiful Anita. I really like the textures:bg3:!