Cheers
Thanks for interest in mylast pic.
johnR

Tobie Schalkwyk
02-14-2014, 12:40 AM
All I can say is 'Wow'!

Diane Miller
02-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Me too! It looks like it's having a great conversation with you!!

Jerry van Dijk
02-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Very nice capture, John! This moth makes quite an impression so close up. Too bad you didn't catch it on a more attractive perch, but I like it anyway.
You might want to try adding a little more sharpness to the body and head.

Jonathan Ashton
02-18-2014, 05:20 AM
I like the composition a nd in a way I think the wooden perch works - it is big but I like the colour. The moth is in a super pose and is well focussed. The only criticism I have is that the flash looks a little direct/strong - do you use a diffuser/perhaps a little less flash.

John Robinson
02-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Joh
Just grabbed in a slit second - flash on camera. One shot and gone. No time to adjust anything. I think I was set up to do woodlice or something !!! Nowadays I do use flashes with diffusers and bounce heads and all sorts . Hankies used to be useful too !!
John
Cheers
John

Steve Maxson
02-21-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi John. What a beautiful moth - giving you a great pose! I would agree with Jon that this strong image would be even better with diffused flash - and I understand that this was not possible in this situation. For me, the bright orange in the LRC is tending to draw my eye from your subject - you might consider desaturating that area a little. Overall, this is very nicely done!

Jason Stander
03-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Hi John... excellent capture of this wonderful beauty... good detail and strong comp, love the angle and square crop... highlights are not that strong... but the perch is rather distracting... otherwise WD!