PDA

View Full Version : WEEKLY THEME: Fun Time, What Is It

LinzRiverBalmer
02-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Well my last effort in tribute to Dave...

Looks like he did mostly animals, so hoping this is close enough.

There is a bird nest in there somewhere, just not a bird at the time.

not even going to tell you what this is, too fun.

PP, I know it's a bit crooked, original image was so I left it on purpose.
the background is natural, overcast blown out snow cloud sky.

took the image into XnView and applied a Kaleidoscope, and then a Symmetry filter.

followed by a saturation and contrast adjustment, that's it.

hope it's enjoyed!

Dennis Bishop
02-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I like the rich colors and contrast in texture. Unless you reveal what you started with, I'll never be sure. At first, it seemed like that would be easy, but that grass is puzzling.

Randall Farhy
02-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Linz, I have no idea what you started with, but I find the result to be extremely interesting. It has batlike elements, a heart and scroll work, I like the blend of natural and man made? aspects (the two vertical circular elements separating the grasses are way kool.) I really like this one. It appears to an architectural structure with a ledge and columns, but as Dennis says, the grass is perplexing-perhaps a ruin of some sort?

Cheryl Slechta
02-13-2014, 11:12 AM
I love all the shapes, Linz. The thumbnail reminded me of a Navaho blanket and so does the post. I think I see columns but there's no telling what it actually is.:S3:

Diane Miller
02-13-2014, 02:19 PM
No idea what it is except Fun!

Nancy Bell
02-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Well done with fascinating lines, textures and bits of things I believe I can identify! Wonderful colors.

LinzRiverBalmer
02-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks to all of you... If I make it through surgery tomorrow I will post the "what it was" original photo on Saturday.

i know I'm evil, have to have fun... Happy Valentines!!

Anita Bower
02-14-2014, 12:41 PM
This is probably my favorite of the photos for this theme. I like the rich, dark colors, the contrast between natural and human made elements, the contrast between oval and square shapes. I especially like those dark curls on each corner and that this is not scary.