PDA

View Full Version : Almost Springtime

Richard Unsworth
02-12-2014, 12:04 PM
:S3:

Early this morning I spotted the light shining on these Jasmine buds which should be out soon.
Here I Portugal spring is underway , the steppe lands are a blanket of white daisesn just now, soon the wild blue iris will cover it
I have cropped, applied global nr and selective sharpening.

Might look good with one or two star points on the water drops - how can I try that.

Im afraid I have had big Satellite Internet probs over the last weeks and these are slowly being resolved.
Members work is most impressive

1/125 sec; f/8; ISO 200 Canon 7D 100-400 Manual HH

Rich

Diane Miller
02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Wow -- this is really nice! I think it would wow the folks over in Macro and Flora. I lovce the shallow DOF with plenty of interesting stuff in focus.

Dennis Bishop
02-12-2014, 02:29 PM
I like your composition and the dramatic early morning darkness. Star points can be achieved in-camera with a smaller aperture (although limiting the points to one or two could be a challenge) or through software, which allows a lot more control. I do enough adding of light effects that I've accumulated a couple plug-ins for that. Topaz Star Effects costs $30 in the USA, but the company does run some discounts (15%, I think, if you watch one of their webinars). The user-interface in Star Effects isn't as good as in some of their programs, but there are plenty of sliders to generate the effect you want.

Richard Unsworth
02-12-2014, 02:35 PM
I like it Dennis, exactly what I was thinking....thx

Richard Unsworth
02-12-2014, 04:19 PM
And thanks for your comment Diane - appreciated

Cheryl Slechta
02-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Hi, Richard, this is very lovely and would certainly look great in Macro Forum also. I think one or two starbursts would be nice but I like it just the way it is in the original post. The only thing that I think you could work on is the smudge above the stem on the far left side (facing us). If you've got PS that has content aware you could lasso that stem and eliminate it all together - it also had a halo on it. I've posted a really quick idea - it isn't a perfect job but I wanted you to see what I was referring to. I also love the gradations of background color. Nicely seen.:S3:

LinzRiverBalmer
02-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Extremely well done, love it....

my vote is or Cheryl's repost, nicely done.

My only thought would be a little off the right or add a bit to bottom to change the comp a bit.

Richard Unsworth
02-13-2014, 05:45 AM
Copy that with the smudge Cheryl, took out a blemish with fill/ca and it didnt do a good job.

Linz, always open to recomp suggestions -thanks

thanks everyone for advice/suggestions

Nancy Bell
02-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Great capture! The water droplets make the image and I like that some have nice detailed reflections. I agree with Linz about a possible different crop. Lovely soft bkgd colors. Spring?? Our Pennsylvania weather-predicting groundhog says 6 more weeks of winter here!

Anita Bower
02-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Yes, this image says spring! I like the composition, with the graceful branches angling in from the left, and, of course, the water drops. Good suggestions given above. A slight crop off the right, top and bottom might be good. I would lighten up the whole image. Here is a quick idea.
I look forward to more images and your comments on the work of others.

Richard Unsworth
02-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Groundhogs - marvellous!

Thanks for suggestions

Lost my internet atm hence long absences from Avian and here