PDA

View Full Version : Another Day In Paradise

Norm Dulak
02-10-2014, 04:44 PM
D7000 w/Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens @ 58mm, hand held
ISO 640; f/11, 1/1250 sec.
Standard CS6 adjustments; Nik Detail Extractor

Antarctica is a very special place. You see a beautiful thing, and you say to yourself -- it can't get any better than this. But the next day you are proven wrong.

This image was captured at Marguerite Bay, South of the Antarctic Circle.

Norm

David Stephens
02-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Beautiful scene, well composed. I see that your clouds are nice and white, so I think that the blue tint is due to glacial ice coloring the atmosphere. My only nit is that I'd be happier if the ridge sloping down to the right actually made it to the water.

Don Railton
02-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi Norm

This is beautiful...! I even like it more than the last... I am happy with the comp but I am still seeing dust bunnies and I think you could enhance the rock/ get rid of some of the blue tinge a little by using selective colour tool and upping the black a little. The changes are subtle, but I think this image is worth it.. Would love to go there sometime, so thanks for sharing. I have had a crack on a very old PS copy at work to show what I am thinking WRT dust location and selective colour adj... Hope you don't mind..

regards

DON

dankearl
02-11-2014, 03:07 AM
You have a ton of detail and really nice exposure.
Maybe a tiny bit of yellow on the snow.
Incredible scenery…...

Ian McHenry
02-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Beautiful composition and really like the detail in the snow.

Diane Miller
02-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Wonderful scene and detail! I'm also wondering if it's overall a bit too blue, but you don't want to loose the special look.

Must have been a wonderful trip -- I'm anxious to see more!

Norm Dulak
02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!

If I could add a further suggestion, it would be to add Antarctica to your bucket lists! It is something not to be missed.

Norm