PDA

View Full Version : Nearly the top!

Anette Mossbacher
02-10-2014, 12:18 PM
I did not dare to post this back yard theme, even that he is a European citizen :2eyes2:

This pb we have seen along with quite a few others stranded on an island. The island I got the sleepy head from.
He climbed up the cliffs and stopped for a few moments to rest his paw on the big rock. Was a great chap this one.

Processing: LR - WB and highlights adjustments, a bit noise reduction. Pulled into PS CS6 ( the CC got swallowed by aliens and resides in Adobe… maybe!)
PS- levels, Midtones and selective sharpening. Cropped a tad from top and RHS for comp.

1DX ISO 3200 ( was late evening )
f/6.3 1/500sec
lens: 70-200mm & 2x ext. III set to 400mm

Morkel Erasmus
02-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Loving the photos you brought back, especially these on the rocks. Makes for something different than the normal Svalbard imagery.
:5

I like the tonal depth here and the overall sharpness is pleasing to the eye in all respects for me.

Rachel Hollander
02-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Anette - It's really amazing how different our sightings were. That is one huge paw! I like the placement in frame and the inclusion of the rocky environment. I think there's a slight red cast overall and if it were mine I would reduce the reds. Nice one overall.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-11-2014, 03:51 AM
Excellent framing Anette. I like the terrain and the pose the PB gave.
TFS.

Anette Mossbacher
02-11-2014, 04:13 AM
Thank you very much Morkel, Rachel and Sanjeev.

Rachel, I might reduce the reds in this one, the following images after this one will be blown away by reds, since it was sunset! Even the pb is "blushing"!! :bg3:

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Steve Kaluski
02-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Hi Anette, I like this one because of the different habitat/environment, goes to show how different land can be within a short area.

I did question the reds, but like the 'warmth' it gives to the image. Adding a Channel curves boost in the mid tone helps I feel, likewise ramping up the sharpening of the FG rocks, you will see it brings a lot more detail out that you have within even this image.

TFS
Steve

PS Can you pop over a screen grab of the save for Web window when it pops up, just want to check something, thanks.

Anette Mossbacher
02-12-2014, 11:17 AM
HI Steve,

thanks so much. Will follow your suggestions to see where it ends :bg3:

Ciao Anette

Ian Cassell
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Anette, I have become so used to seeing these guys on a BG of snow and ice (although I do like that), that it is really a nice change to see them him on the rocks. The composition works well for me.

Anette Mossbacher
02-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi Ian, thanks so much for your comment and time. I have PB's taking even a relaxing sunbath at the beach, looks nearly like Bora Bora, just the palm tree missing.

Have a great eve

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
02-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi Anette,
lovely PB on the Rocks….!!!!
Very good colors and overall tonality .
I like to see a bit more depth overall, by not having been there, i just want to see it because i like it……
TFS Andreas

Just wanted to post an RP and recognized that i am not a full member any longer uuuups.

Steve Canuel
02-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Neat shot Annette. A setting I'm more used to seeing filled with bighorn sheep and mountain goats rather than a bear.

Congrats on the IOTY as well.

Anette Mossbacher
02-16-2014, 05:10 AM
Thank you very much for your time to comment Andreas and Steve. :bg3:

Ciao
Anette

Ashleigh Scully
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Hi Annette, this is really cool to see a Polar Bear against the rocks! When I saw the thumbnail I thought it was a Mountain Goat :tinysmile_shy_t:

I also noticed the red and thought it was maybe a sunset reflecting, so I like it just as it is. I like photos of animals that show them in thought or being reflective, like this one. Awesome shot and great composition too!