PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Red Zingers

Judy Howle
02-08-2014, 10:01 PM
I'll leave it up to the judge and critiquers to decide if this fits the theme. I really liked it and wanted to share. :w3 I made this photo with my iphone last fall and never got around to playing with it, but I finally did a few days ago and I showed it to a photographer friend who loved it and told me I should print it. I used Snapseed and Etchings apps on the phone and then finished it in Photoshop. (I made the outer border a little tan colored so it would show up when printed on white cards.) I do plan to print some on greeting cards and maybe 5 x 7 prints. The owner of the shoes is a very talented artist from Starkville, MS who works at Miss. State Univ. there. He is a runner but I don't know if they are actual running shoes. It was made in the basement of the Arts Center which is concrete painted black with white paint splattered on it. Does anybody have a suggestion for the title of the image?? I can't think of a cute, catchy one.

I may not enter many more for the theme, maybe a couple I have already done, as I am having my 2nd eye cataract surgery Wed. and I will have to try to get by with drugstore readers for looking at the computer because I have to wait 3 - 4 wks to get my new glasses. I had the 1st eye done on Jan 22 and had a clear lens put in my glasses temporarily so I can't see anything up close with it. I will be busy before the surgery getting some things done I need to do before then. It's amazing how much brighter and more colorful my images are with the left eye!

Cheryl Slechta
02-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi, Judy, I think it's right up Dave's alley - he did a lot of people photography so he'd like this. I like the repeating textures and the red against the gray. Good luck with your surgery and recovery:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
02-09-2014, 10:53 AM
The red shoes really make it for me Judy. I agree, it's a "Dave" image. Best of luck with your second eye, it will be like a whole new world.

Judy Howle
02-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks Cheryl and Jackie!!

Diane Miller
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Hot shoes! Best of luck with the surgery!

Hazel Grant
02-09-2014, 03:53 PM
I can see this on cards. Fits so well the current trends. Well done. Trust your surgeries go as well as my husband's. He woke up the next day and asked if the early morning sky was really pink? He'd not seen the early sky colors in so long he'd forgotten what they looked like.

Hazel Grant
02-09-2014, 03:55 PM
"And miles to go before I sleep" Robert Frost

Hazel Grant
02-09-2014, 03:59 PM
I keep thinking of things....

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” LaoziCould be for one moving, or one going on a trip, or graduation..

Nancy Bell
02-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Love the graphic look to this & the textures...and then the brilliant pop of the red shoes! Fantastic! Very edgy and modern.

Title? Ready or not...here I come!

Wishing you a successful surgery and easy recovery.

Randall Farhy
02-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Judy, this one has a ton of appeal. Nancy hit the nail on the head,-edgy and modern. Very strong graphic colors and presentation, well balanced with a pop-culture feel to it-what's not to like about it? Best of luck with your surgery, hope to see you back soon!

LinzRiverBalmer
02-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Honestly not sure how to comment or critique for this theme week... Everything is so unique it's up to personal interpretation.

this is nice, though not for me.... I think it would appeal to graphic designers or comic book artists.

Judy Howle
02-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments! I really like this kind of edgy graphic look.

Anita Bower
02-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Cataract surgery is temporarily disruptive, but, as you say, the world looks brighter afterwards. I hope all goes well.

I like what you did with this image. It is a fun photo--that red against the black is a winner. I think the frame is just right.

I'm no good at titles.