PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Mum, the zippers stuck on my pouch again...

Don Railton
02-08-2014, 03:47 AM
Hi Guys

I have bush surrounding a cemetry very close by and it is frequented by many Kangaroos. I walked over there this morning just as the sun rose and found this little fella in (I presume) a grooming pose... I have other images that I might post as well, but i hope you get a giggle out of this one...

1D4 + 500F4
1/400 sec F4.5, iso 1250.
Hand held and the image is ~ 80% of the original.
Processed in ACR, used H&S to remove a colour cast and sharpened with a HP filter.. thats it..!

DON

Rachel Hollander
02-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Hi Don - Your title made me laugh! The IQ and sharpness on this one looks loads better. I would still selectively sharpen the face a little more because the body looks sharper. You've brought out nice detail. The adult in the bg is unfortunate but I imagine they don't stray very far so it is difficult to get clear shots. Perhaps moving left in the field might have been an option. If it were mine I might still bring the yellow down a bit, at least in the bg. Keep them coming.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
02-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi Don, this certainly has a 'quizzical' feel about it, love the facial expression. With the HA and paw position you can't help, but have a chuckle, thanks. :bg3:

I can't really comment on colour as I'm using the laptop, however just slightly opening the shadows in the face helps and I would still be tempted to selectively add some more sharpening. Again, not sure, but adding some mid tone may also help. Techs are certainly better than the previous image, however I might have gone to 1600 rather than a mid ISO? Personally and if it was me I would remove the other elements of the Roo creeping in on the LHS, very easy to do and with minimal effort and provides a cleaner image, but again it depends on your ethics which I respect.

Agree with Rachel, keep them coming. :cheers:

If you need any help or advice just shout. I guess the images could easily fall into this months Theme, but if in doubt check this link out. this link out. :w3

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/117235-NEW-DEVELOPMENT-Themes :w3

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
02-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi Don, for sure you got me giggle. The title suits perfect. That's how my kids have been when little and the zipper got stuck. Now they hold me their jacket into my face!!!
Great image, you got already great suggestions above.

Have a great week

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
02-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Loved the title and pose, Don. Pity about the tail in one sense, but no way you can capture that expression so well without cutting it off (going too wide would not have the same effect).
I'd add some tonal depth through LCE or Tonal Contrast (Nik).