PDA

View Full Version : Not a picture-perfect!

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Not the typical image I like with so much in the way but is so complementary at the same time. Not just the bird depends largly on the aguacatillo three, (fruit can be seen in LLC) but also the three depends on quetzals, guans and toucanets to dispers its seeds.
This is a very busy image, that's why I have entitled the way I did. I believe that's why they call it nature photography. This is a bird that does not come to a feeder so just pray for a clean perch and backdrop. This is a handsome healthy male who's getting ready for the nesting season and it will be very busy by june when I go there to photograph this amazing bird with my photo group! :t3

It would be nice to hear your comments about this one.

MarkIV+600@f/4+tripod+ISO100+1/100sec.+almost FF.

Thanks for looking.

Karl Egressy
02-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I like the way it is, Juan. Busyness is a very pleasant busyness in this image. Great composition.

Troy Lim
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
I love this image...beautiful

Lorant Voros
02-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Absolutely beautiful with the tropical setting. Well done, Juan Carlos.

Rob Melone
02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
An elegant capture Juan of an elegant bird. That tail is amazing enough to keep the eye from focusing on any distractions. Wonderful!

Cal Walters
02-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Elegant as nature herself. She is not a straight line or a clean pallet. I think it is lovely. Did you try cropping a tiny bit more off the top so the dark bark in the main trunk starts to go off frame - helps take my eye off it and puts it on the bird. I'm just scrolling, but about at the top foreground joint where the green & orange mosses are seems to be a magic point for me; it puts the bird in a more dramatic position. A bird with a really long tail like the R. Quetzel plays havoc with the rule of thirds.

Marina Scarr
02-07-2014, 07:25 PM
JC, this image is over the top. The colors and the way the environmental elements are just over the top. The image flows!!!! Even though your environmental factors are very strong ones, your bird still stands out very nicely, and they are complementing one another.

Holger Leyrer
02-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Absolutly stunning image.
Love the bird and the composition with the tree. And the tree is great !!!