PDA

View Full Version : Theme Black Wildebeest

Rudi van den Heever
02-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I photographed this Black Wildebeest in the Rietvlei Nature, which is a small sensitive wetland reserve in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Gauteng Province, South Africa. To be more specific, it is situated in (and on) the edge of Pretoria, the capital of South Africa... where Morkel also took his wildebeest image (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/117433-Black-Wildebeest)...:e3 Will have to visit this park more often in the near future, due to new developments in my family life... :2eyes2:

Almost unbelievable that these seemingly harmless and very shy antelopes killed two hikers in South Africa at the end of last year - apparently territorial bulls...:Whoa!:

Equipment: Canon 7D and 500mm F4 L lens
Settings: 1/1250s at F4 and ISO 200

Morkel Erasmus
02-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Great light and angle here Rudi! I too have not been to Rietvlei in more than a year. He really pops from that green backdrop.
Thanks for participating in the theme.
:5

BenBotha
02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
I like the movement, sharpness and the back ground. The sharp edged shadow on the forehead is a little distracting.
Ben

Don Railton
02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Hi Rudi, Beautiful light and the flicked up tail and stance portrays movement very nicely... well done..

DON

Robert Kimbrell
02-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Rudi, He sure is well displayed of that background. Very nice light, glad the horn did not cast a shadow on his eye. A nice touch to have wildflowers in the foreground.