View Full Version : Northern Mockingbird

Paul Merritt
05-13-2008, 11:49 AM
The red background provided courtesy of a brick wall.

Av Mode ISO 100 f/5.6 1/250 sec
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/Airedale1/mock10.jpg

Dan Brown
05-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I like the red BG! A couple of things - Iightening the eye would improve the whole image, maybe even adding a tiny eye catchlight! (too bad the head wasn't turned up a little). I would like to see more space on the right, the tail is very close to the edge. Nice pose!

Dan Brown,

Lana Hays
05-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Paul
That brick wall really compliments the color and detail of the mocker. A very sharp image. A head turn sure would have been nice....but sometimes they just have a mind of their own. Perhaps you'll have more chances. I have a couple of mockers that come to my window at school as I feed them raisins. They appear as soon as the light goes on in the morning. If I get busy and don't feed them immediately they've been known to peck on the window to remind me.

Sid Overbey
05-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Beautiful detail, really sharp. I like the red wall, but I am not sure about the flower on the left. Nice shot.

Robert Amoruso
05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Paul,

THe perch and the BG are used well here to show how close they live among us. The flower is a distraction and a head turn towards you would make the image more intimate - you are looking for eye contact with the bird.

Jim Poor
05-14-2008, 06:36 AM
That deep red brick bg is really awesome. I also like the splash of color in the leaves at upper left. I bit of a head turn toward the camera would be nice.

Julie Kenward
05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
I like the flower in the ULC but only because it fits so nicely with the head position. The red brick BG sure does set off the bird.