PDA

View Full Version : I Almost had a Doo Doo in the Hoo Doo's

Paul Lagasi
02-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Dennis's lovely Hoo Doo image reminded me of something I'd worked on a while back but never really thought about posting. Hoo Doo's can be found through out the west, these are from southern Alberta, while birdwatching....but I never thought I'd run into T-rex there...Just a fun image folks....You can visit Alberta safely...really you can!

Off to work but will respond to images below later.

Paul Lagasi
02-03-2014, 04:45 PM
For those of you wondering.

I have always had a love for dinosaurs (among thousands of things) and photograph life size replicas at any opportunity. When I travel, I photograph landscapes where I think these animals may have lived and roamed. I have created many of the above diorama's (without me in the picture), below is another example.

The fun for me is making them as realistic as possible, getting the lighting, shadows perfect.

p.s. - I also don't take myself seriously, I do this strictly for pleasure. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Dennis Bishop
02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Not taking one's self seriously is a good thing. So is getting the lighting and shadows right, and I'm impressed with that on both images. It looks like you applied the shadows of the T. rex (first image) in a separate layer to get the right opacity.

Cheryl Slechta
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi, Paul, the first post is just like something Dave would have created - he had a great sense of humor! The second one is completely life-like without a person in it. Both are extremely well done. Dave would have liked that also:S3:

Mark Fuge
02-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Now your giving your age, Paul! :2eyes2:

We knew you were up there, but ... ; > )

Interesting shots. Must have been one of their well fed days. :t3

Hazel Grant
02-04-2014, 12:39 PM
So fun to see! Fun shots like these can be great to work on, but also require a lot of technique to blend well. Good work

Jackie Schuknecht
02-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Made me smile, good one Paul!