PDA

View Full Version : Castillo San Marco - IR

Michael Pancier
05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Still playing around with my images from St. Augustine.

IR 20d and toned in Lightroom.
I used Nik viveza to help darken the sky to pure black.

should I crop some off the left?

comments welcome.

Robert Amoruso
05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Michael,

I would crop some. I tried both just before the crack and after it. I liked eliminating the crack completely as it reduces the weight of the abutment and makes the image balance out better.

Dan Brown
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Michael. I really like the crack! The big black area is like a magnet to my eye. It is negative space, but converting it to black has made it very very heavy. I cropped the image in half, featuring the crack, tower and palm tree. This work better for me.

Dan Brown,
Sacramento

Paul Pagano
05-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I think the crack makes the image as well as the front focused tower. I like it this way with the background still pretty much in focus. The black space doesn't bother me a lot for whatever reason. Interesting seeing this in IR as I drive by it every so often when I'm down there.

gary rouleau
05-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Great image but I'd crop some of the right out.

cheers
gary

Roman Kurywczak
05-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi Michael,
I've looked at every crop suggestion........and all work with varying degrees of success but none badly........Dan' made a very strong vert comp..........but I like the people on the right......Robert's after the crack crop........definitely gave the strongest overall presentation.......some off the right..emphasises the trees......but we again lose the people...settled on a hair behind the M in your signature ( to keep the crack) and 1/2 of the black of the sky between the turret! Nice placement on everything else in the image! Can you believe 4 different crop suggestions!