02-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Kgalagadi National park.

Canon 500 F 4x 1.4
F 7.1
ISO 400
1/2000

Ian Cassell
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
What a sweet little guy! I'd be tempted to take a little bit off the top here (at risk of crowding, I guess).

Morkel Erasmus
02-04-2014, 03:57 PM
This is cute Ben. Love the pose and the details you captured. I wish he didn't blend in as well with the surroundings, but I bet you both him and his mother are glad he does! :bg3:
I guess having the head raised up would have helped with lifting him from the surroundings, but it would have made the pose more mundane. You can't have it all eh?
It looks like late morning light which is when the Kalahari starts shedding some serious heat, but you handled sharpness and image quality well - would perhaps just add a hint more sharpening and tonal contrast to the fawn selectively...

Rachel Hollander
02-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi Ben - there is a cuteness factor here and the catchlight is nice. I also like that shows how well they blend in. If it were mine I would sharpen the fawn a little more but back off on the sharpening of the surrounding foliage, particularly the bush right behind the fawn.

TFS,
Rachel

Stu Bowie
02-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi Ben, great IQ on the fawn, and the colours look spot on. Its always better capturing a behavioural moment, and you did well doing just that.

Steve Kaluski
02-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi Ben, I'm OK on the framing although perhaps a sliver more at the foot might help? Good structure and form within the subject. I feel there is enough BKG to separate the head within the posture of the body. I also like the overall colours and they illustrate well how these animals blend in so well into the environment.

TFS
Steve

BenBotha
02-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the comments. This photo is more about cuteness. They are adorable, especially when they start playing.

All the sugestion are appreciated.
Ben

Anette Mossbacher
02-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi Ben,

cute ten little one. I am late but wanted to comment on this sweet chap. I also like the colors like they are out there :))

ciao. Anette