PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Cappadocia

Dvir Barkay
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
This is a 3 exposure blend of three images to get the full dynamic range of this Cappadocia Sunrise. I waited until the sun was fully out and while it lowered the contrast, I think it made for a beautiful scene.

Sony A700, Sony 16-50/2.8, 16mm, F/14, Tripod

Dvir Barkay
02-02-2014, 12:13 AM
This is a second version with a different crop
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3735/12262897983_789cc0b974_o.jpg

Morkel Erasmus
02-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Nice use of the sunstar and morning light. I couldn't see why you would crop the OP as I much prefer it to the repost.
Overall luminosity balance and contrast looks great (presume you blended manually) - just watch those halos around the protruding rocks! :5

Dvir Barkay
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I was sure someone was going to tell me that the space on the right should be cropped so I saved myself sometime haha. I posted the original because I too prefer it, but some people might differ. I did this with a manual blend with luminosity masks so there is no halo from the blending. Maybe a bit from the post processing after the blend, can you point out which rock is bothering you the most?

Morkel Erasmus
02-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Hey Dvir.
It's not noticeable to many folks but once you learn what to look for you notice it.
Best way to point it out is to pull the midtones down significantly to reveal the halos, which is what I did in this repost (I also painted circles around them for easier ID). It also shows up better when you pull it into Photoshop as opposed to viewing in your browser.

It's possibly from adjustments made after blending, as those from blending would often also affect your overall horizon/land-sky-split and it's not evident here.
:w3