PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron

Geoffrey Montagu
01-30-2014, 05:03 PM
This Green Heron was capture last August on the edge of a cranberry bog. I waited for it to take flight and was lucky to get this image in relatively overcast early morning light. Wish there was a slight head turn. First post as a member. C&C welcome.

Nikon D700, Nikon 500mm + 1.4x, 1/1250, f5.6, ISO 1250, Gitzo series 5 Tripod, Wimberley Gimbal Head

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Montagu
01-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Forgot to mention I removed a rather distracting large white area (opening in trees) in upper left side using Cs6.

Bill Dix
01-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Welcome Geoffrey. Glad to see you posting. I love the background colors, and the dangling feet. I remember this morning; the light was tough. I just got this guy sitting in a tree; your quick trigger finger caught him in flight. Well done.

Geoffrey Montagu
01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Welcome Geoffrey. Glad to see you posting. I love the background colors, and the dangling feet. I remember this morning; the light was tough. I just got this guy sitting in a tree; your quick trigger finger caught him in flight. Well done.

Thanks very much Bill. Looking forward to getting back there this summer since the Green Herons seems to frequent the bogs.

Geoffrey

gail bisson
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Glad to see you posting Geoffrey.
A very nice first post.
The BG is terrific and you did a good job cloning in the bright area.
I really like the dangling feet.
My only wish is that the bird was not past you.
Gail

Karl Egressy
01-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Great that you got him in flight Geoffrey. It is not easy at all, based on my experience.

Daniel Cadieux
01-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the Avian forum Geoffrey! Love the dangling feet, and apart form the whitish area at top you have a lovely BG. I its too bad the bird had passed you at this point.

Arthur Morris
01-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi Geoffrey. Yes, welcome to Avian. I started to comment a few hours ago and got distracted.... The image is sharp, like the rest, I love the dangling feet and the flight pose. Bummer that the bird was flying away rather than towards you. We look forward to seeing lots more nice images from you; thanks for your membership support.

Geoffrey Montagu
01-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Geoffrey