PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Used or Refurbished Canon 1D Mark IV

April Campbell
01-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Looking for used or refurbished Canon 1D Mark IV. Any recommendations for where to start? I'm a little leery about buying from eBay, although I know you can sometimes get excellent deals.
Thanks
April (New to the forum)

Ian Cassell
01-30-2014, 06:18 PM
April,

There are several reputable vendors of used equipment if you don't want to purchase from an individual. It's like buying a used car. You will pay more if you buy from a dealer, but will often get some sort of warranty. I have bought camera equipment off e-bay several times with good success, but maybe that was the luck of the draw. I think paypal offers some sort of protection.

My favorite used camera equipment dealer is keh.com and I have bought a lot of things from them. They tend to be a little less expensive than adorama or b&h and have always delivered great quality. I think any of those 3, however, would be a safe bet.

Grace Scalzo
01-30-2014, 08:45 PM
April, I've got mine for sale. send me an email at gscalzo24@gmail.com

Doug West
01-31-2014, 12:55 AM
Fred Miranda has what I consider, the best place to buy used gear:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/

When I'm looking for used gear, my first stop is always Fred or KEH.

This site also offers a place to buy and sell, but it's nowhere as active
as Fred's.

Doug

Gary Kinard
01-31-2014, 09:14 PM
I always use flee-bay. I bought a Canon 300mm 2.8, 500 F/4 L. E-bay has an exceptional guarantee. I have returned high ticket purchases and they always side with me. Money returned. If you get an item that is not as advertised. You get your money back. I sold the 300 2.8 there. No problems.

So all the horror stories about e-bay fall on deaf ears with me.
Personally I would never buy from a photography site! I would worry too much. No guarantee is a no buy for me.

www.flickr.com/photos/avianphotos
www.birdsthatfart.com

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-02-2014, 08:48 PM
I bought a 600f/4 at Fred Miranda, and thatīs a heck of expensive lens, everything came as expected :)