PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Swirls

Arthur Morris
01-29-2014, 05:38 AM
This elegant Wilson’s Plover image was created on the Little Estero Lagoon IPT with the Gitzo 3532 LS carbon fiber tripod (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=20), the Mongoose M3.6 head (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=274), the Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens, the Canon 2x EF Extender III (Teleconverter), and the Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR camera. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +1 1/3 stops as framed: 1/200 sec. at f/10 in Manual mode. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +1 1/3 stops as framed: 1/200 sec. at f/10 in Manual mode.

Learn more about the creation of this image in the "A Lesson in Seeing the Situation" on my blog here. (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2014/01/27/a-lesson-in-seeing-the-situation/)

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome.

Michael F Milligan
01-29-2014, 07:45 AM
That background is weird. Really nice, but weird. Like it a lot!

Raybel Robles
01-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes, I'm wondering what's the background? it looks like a desert sand. Very interesting!

Joseph Przybyla
01-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Certainly a different background that I would have expected but other than that the bird is sweet. Love those little birds.

dankearl
01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
I think the BG is water, nice looking and different.
This was in the shade I think and has a bit of the shady blue caste which I might remove.
Details are very nice as usual.

Frank Schauf
01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Perfect comp and bg, nice work.

keith mitchell
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Arthur it's great looking image ,not sure if the bird needs a bit of rotation or it's natural pose but it does look like it's leaning back to me but the foreground is ok which suggests it's level, could be me, that Bg is something else.

Keith.:S3:

Holger Leyrer
01-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Soft light, nice comp, good shooting angle. Great exposure control and the BG is super.

Iain Barker
01-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Amazing background I love those colours.

The subject is nice but the background is what makes this a winner for me.

TFS
Iain

Karl Egressy
01-29-2014, 07:33 PM
The background make this image super interesting and very nice.

Ron Fullelove
01-30-2014, 07:42 AM
Nice BG, guessing its about half an hour before sunset, and the colour is the reflection of the sun shining on some distant condos.
LOL, how did I know that.
Great shot Artie.

Satish Ranadive
01-30-2014, 09:21 AM
This is gorgeous image of Plover with wonderful BG, Arthur Sir.Love the magnificent details on bird, rest as usual great.
I was away from the site last three weeks since my laptop got crashed. Got a new one and I am not sure about colors on my laptop, I could see blue cast on sand. Is blue in color?

Regards,
Satish.

Arthur Morris
01-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Yes, I'm wondering what's the background? it looks like a desert sand. Very interesting!

Reflections of a distant yellow condo :) Thanks!

Arthur Morris
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I think the BG is water, nice looking and different.
This was in the shade I think and has a bit of the shady blue caste which I might remove.
Details are very nice as usual.

Thanks Dank! I took the BLUE out of the WHITEs but left it in the sand as I liked the BLUE and the YELLOW.

Arthur Morris
01-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Nice BG, guessing its about half an hour before sunset, and the colour is the reflection of the sun shining on some distant condos.
LOL, how did I know that. Great shot Artie.

Pretty smart guy; thanks for subscribing to the blog Ron!

Arthur Morris
01-30-2014, 01:59 PM
This is gorgeous image of Plover with wonderful BG, Arthur Sir.Love the magnificent details on bird, rest as usual great.
I was away from the site last three weeks since my laptop got crashed. Got a new one and I am not sure about colors on my laptop, I could see blue cast on sand. Is blue in color?

Regards,
Satish.

The blue sand is because the sand was in shadow, as was the bird. I took the BLUE out of the WHITEs on the bird but left it in the sand as I liked the BLUE and the YELLOW.

Arthur Morris
01-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Arthur it's great looking image ,not sure if the bird needs a bit of rotation or it's natural pose but it does look like it's leaning back to me but the foreground is ok which suggests it's level, could be me, that Bg is something else.

Keith.:S3:

Thanks Keith. It might need a tad of CCW rotation.