PDA

View Full Version : Female Kestrel Landing

Loi Nguyen
01-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Image taken this past weekend at Salton Sea, California.

1DX
500f4 II + 2X III = 1000mm
1/3200
f9
ISO-1600
Beanbag over car window

Cropped ~ 50%

Thank you for your comments.

Loi

arash_hazeghi
01-28-2014, 02:25 AM
very good sharpness and nice pose. Eye contact is pretty good too. next step is to get him lower and against a nice BG

TFS

Steve Kaluski
01-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Hi Loi, you are certainly been lucky over this recent time.

Like the spread of the wings, good detail and a cracking blue sky as a backdrop. You are very fortunate to get so close, ours are really skittish unless baited. Looks like a favourite perch judging by the 'markings' on the branch. I'm personally in two minds about coming in a small fraction on the RHS and then extending the LHS a wee bit, WDYT, but certainly no big deal? Just watch the slight halo around the head and small part of the left wing, might also be worth popping the camera in for a sensor clean before March, as there are a few dust bunnies in the sky. Worth it before your trip. :w3

Very well done Loi, your producing some nice work.

TFS
Steve

keith mitchell
01-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Loi catching this nice Falcon with it's wings open as made a great looking image, sky is not my favourite backdrop but it works very well here, nice job well done.

Keith.:S3:

gail bisson
01-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi Loi,
This is a very nice, dynamic image.
The IQ and direct gaze of the kestrel are excellent.
I agree with the others that a nicer perch would be a bonus but still a great catch,
Gail

David Salem
01-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Good looking shot of this female Loi. The IQ looks great and the pose is nice. Your getting better! keep it up. See ya soon

Frank Schauf
01-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Beautiful perch and nice composition.