ArabindaDebnath
01-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Nikon D4,Nikon 600mm vr,1/80 Sec,f 6.3,ISO 1250

http://imageshack.com/a/img827/6136/4jtq.jpg

joshua lincoln
01-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Stunning picture of a beautiful bird.
Hard to find anything to critique.
My initial thought was there was nothing to critique.
My second impression was that I wished the scapulars and back were as sharp as the head and eye and that it was too bad you didn't have a little more light to enable a better DOF with a smaller aperture. But, you were at 1/80th and it is possible that that is why I got that impression (ever so slight movement).
I can not tell if what I think I am seeing is due to the low SS or the DOF.
My third and fourth impression after looking for a while and switching glasses, I am not sure if it is my eyes that are a little OOF or not. So, as you can see it is hardly worth mentioning. It seems very sharp, especially considering the conditions.
I think with those light conditions (which are extremely pleasing) and at that low SS and high iso that that is an incredibly beautiful picture.
I might remove the little white squiggle on the upper tail feather just past the tip of the primaries.

Daniel Cadieux
01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
What a beautiful perch this is!! A great subject too, and quite sharp as posted especially for the low SS you had. Composition looks good, background perfect. Love the legs pushed up. I only wish for a better head angle but still fine considering it is seemingly reaching out for nectar?

Doug Brown
01-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Love your perch and BG. Excellent sharpness considering the SS. A better head angle would have been nice, but overall a fine image!