PDA

View Full Version : Arches N.P. - Sunrise May 1, 2008

Fred J. Lord
05-12-2008, 10:00 PM
8-frames wide, one more frame added at right for towers.
1D Mark III, 24-105 @ 28 mm
Sky is added, no cloning or other replacements

David Kennedy
05-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Fred,
While I still have some reservations re: imported clouds, as we discussed in previous postings, I do like the overall feel of this image. I would point out that come more care on the foreground edge would strengthen the composition; specifically, the rock that ends abruptly on the left side, and the greenery that is cut off in the center. If extra foreground isn't possible, cloning out those elements along the bottom edge would solve those issues. Thanks for sharing!

Robert Amoruso
05-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Hi Fred,

I like the pano's expanse and balancing the right most butte with the large rocks on the left but find myself wishing to see more of the FG that is cut off. I agree with David's comments. The added sky does not look natural too me. If all you had was blue sky, that would have been fine.

Fred J. Lord
05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
David: Thank you for your comments. This image is still a work in progress and I will carefully consider your suggestions. I see what you are saying about the lower edges.
Fred

Fred J. Lord
05-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Robert: Every one of these shoots is a learning experience. Thanks for contributing to my education with your thoughtful remarks.