PDA

View Full Version : Dowitcher Reflection

Glenn Conlan
01-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Dave Salem and I have found this pond that produces excellent reflections with nice BGs. This is a Dowitcher that we caught this fall in a crisp sunny morning. Thanks for looking and your comments.

D4 600mm w 1.4tc
F 6.3
1/200 sec
ISO 500
Manuel exposure
Pattern Meter mode
On beanbag from car window

keith mitchell
01-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Glenn no nits from me on this fine image ,bird and reflection are super as is the droplet falling from the bill.

Keith.

Bill Dix
01-25-2014, 05:01 PM
This is quite lovely. The ripples, and the muddy drop, add to the image, and the reflection is great. It looks as if you may have cleaned some highlights from the bill and neglected to do the same its reflection. I might also think about removing some of the multiple catchlights, even though they are natural.

Karl Egressy
01-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Nice pose, , fine feather details and nice reflection, Glenn.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Gorgeous painterly bg, nice eye contact and lovely reflection. Falling droplet is icing. I'd remove the extra catchlight. Nicely done Glenn.

Miguel Palaviccini
01-25-2014, 10:19 PM
I agree, nice capture! I could see it without the second catchlight as well.

The reflection is an added bonus! Maybe just a bit of CCW rotation.

Stu Bowie
01-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Hi Glenn, love the light in this, and you have brought out the colours nicely. Overall sharp, and the falling droplet takes this up a few notches. Another vote for some eye doctor to remove some of the smaller catchlights. I feel some CCW rotation is needed too. Im not too keen on squarish comps so here is my version with the following adjustments. Catchlights removed, creating more of a landscape comp with a CCW rotation. ( I lined up the catchlights of the eyes. ) Hope you dont mind. :w3

PS. I only read Miguel's comment regards rotation after having posting mine.

Holger Leyrer
01-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Wonderful!
Great light and colors. Especially the little waves in the water and the reflection. The muddy drop is a great eye catcher.
I prefer Stuarts repost because of the revised eyes

Glenn Conlan
01-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Stuart, thanks for the advise and repost much better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Salem
01-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Great looking shot Glenn. The pose and the muddy water drop look beautiful. Nice detail and the reflection looks great. Well done

Frank Schauf
01-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Great details and clear reflection, a great shot.