PDA

View Full Version : New Lightroom Birding Plugin (with eBird export)

Christof Ruch
01-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Dear all,

I thought some of you might be interested in this: I have written - for my own use originally - a plugin for Lightroom that allows capturing species information and bird observation information directly in the Lightroom catalog, and with the help of geo-tagged images and species keywords also the automatic export of bird sightings from photos into a CSV that can readily be imported into eBird.

More details on my blog at http://alpenglow.info/lightroombirding/

No commercial interest, this is a hobby :-). And I am really interested in feedback / problem reports / more ideas what to do with it, or whether you think this is actually useless ;-)

Cheers,
Christof

P.S. I have already looked into extending this for BirdTrack (British system), and ornitho.de (the most important German portal) - send me feedback and I might be motivated to add it!

Miguel Palaviccini
01-30-2014, 11:38 PM
I'll have to look into this! I usually geotag and keyword all of my bird images. Look forward to seeing what you've come up with!

Christof Ruch
02-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far! I did upload a new version to the webpage, with several new features:

Added option in eBird export to select whether the file name of the photo should go into the species' comment
Allowed one photo to contain more than one bird species by using comma separated lists
Much more robust UI (plus actual feedback) when searching the keywords for species names

Hope this solves some of the issues, but please just keep it coming! PM is fine, or comment at the blog or email to christof@alpenglow.info!