PDA

View Full Version : Today's click - Verditer flycatcher

prashant thakar
01-25-2014, 03:53 AM

NR applied. Cropped for composition and sharpened.

7D | 1/2049 | F: 5.6 | ISO: 1000 | 400mm | AV Mode | bias: 0 | Manual Evaluating | WB: Auto

Thanks for viewing, C & C are highly appreciated.

Prashant Thakar

kevin Hice
01-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Beautiful bird great composition Can,t really find any fault I hope to some day have one this nice. Fantastic Prashant really sharp.

Diane Miller
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Very nice starting image! Color and exposure look good and I like how the right end of the branch becomes soft focus, helping keep the eye from wandering off the edge of the frame.

The sharpening has gone a little too far on the bird, giving it a granular, "crunchy" look in places. You don't say how you processed, but usually the best approach is to sharpen only the bird (no NR on it) and do NR only on the BG, (two separate layers, masked) so you don't have the two fighting one another.

Jeff Levine
01-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Nice pose and lighting. Colors look great. I agree it doe s seem over sharpened in places particularly around the beak and neck-nothing that can't be fixed. It would be nice to see it without being cropped as tight.

Randall Farhy
01-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Prashant-This is a gorgeous capture with a pleasing background. I agree with others re: just a tad too sharp in some spots and a little tight on the top; and I'd like to add a minor critique on the sharp highlight along the length of the left leg-to my eye this is very distracting. I feel it would be an improvement to either tone it down or blend it away depending on taste. I really like this one, a real keeper.

prashant thakar
01-26-2014, 07:45 AM
thanks, i will post updated image soon.

prashant thakar
01-28-2014, 02:37 PM
here is newly process image

used ACR for raw conversion; some light and details added at the time of converting row, +5 saturation NR apply for BG only; crop for composition
Thanks for viewing, C & C are highly appreciated.

Diane Miller
01-28-2014, 05:43 PM
I like giving the bird a little more room, as you have in the repost. Other than that, I don't see much difference. It still has a slightly oversharpened look, especially on the breast feathers. But that's a small point -- it's a very nice image with great colors and a lovely background.