PDA

View Full Version : Long Pine Key Pond Reflection

andresleon
01-24-2014, 11:12 PM
A more natural landscape. This time from Everglades National Park.

Canon 5DIII
24-105 L Lens at 24mm
f/18
ISO 50

Two exposures blended. One for the sky and one for the treeline and water reflection. Used Lightroom to adjust each exposure, then PS to blend the layers, then used NIK to adjust colors and vibrance.

dankearl
01-25-2014, 06:31 AM
I like the FG, the image clarity, the horizon line, the colors, most everything except the dark clouds….
They harshen a very peaceful and attractive scene for me…..

David Kenny
01-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Andres,

I agree with Dan on this photo. The foreground is nice and draws me in and I like the colors in the shot. It looks like you did a good job blending the two exposures as well. Unfortunately those dark clouds keep grabbing my eye.

-Dave

Andrew McLachlan
01-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Lovely scene Andres...For me the water and cloud reflection is too bright...often the reflection will be a smidge darker than that of the sky. I think if you were to darken the water more it would balance everything out a little better and then the darker clouds in the sky will be less over-powering. Nice comp!

andresleon
01-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I made some adjustments hoping to address some of the issue you all brought up. Please let me know if you feel it is an improvement or anything else that comes to mind. Thanks again!

dankearl
01-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Repost, is a big improvement although I would go back another time.
It is a nice setting that could produce even better than this.

Dvir Barkay
01-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Nice peaceful scene as others have said, but the overly dark background and clouds are a bit distracting.

Andrew McLachlan
02-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Repost works much better for me too...I think you could go even a smidge darker. Just a thought...is that rock big enough and in water that is shallow enough that you could stand on it to compose a similar image with a less busy foreground.