PDA

View Full Version : Sand Hill Crane

Joseph Przybyla
01-24-2014, 08:52 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. This is one of a pair that flew by. Minor Cropping, processed in Lightroom 5.

Nikon D7000, Nikon 70-300mm shot at 300mm, 1/2500, f/8, ISO 800

Raybel Robles
01-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Great image with a nice wings position. I personally live he sharpness of the overall bird. Special around the eye, pin sharp.

David Salem
01-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Nice capture. The shot is sharp and I like the feather detail. The few minor nits would be the head angled away and the shadowed wing. The bird looks like it is molting so the feathers arent in the best shape but nothing you could do there. Good work.

Raybel Robles
01-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Great image with a nice wings position. I personally live he sharpness of the overall bird. Special around the eye, pin sharp.

Sorry, I meant to say "like the".

Joseph Przybyla
01-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you Raybel and David for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.

David this is another image of the same bird, the feathers look better and the shadow is in the back.

Stu Bowie
01-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi Joseph, good wing position in your OP, and the light looks good. I agree the head is slightly away from us, but you have brought out the eye nicely.

Have you tried to lighten the underwing of the near wing?

Steve Kaluski
01-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi Joe, I prefer the OP, but like Stu, I would question the colours & tone of the wing, but i'm no expert. I'm OK on the head, I think it might just be optical as the head would surely be straight on in flight???? Like the blue BKG.

Could not believe how big these guys are until I saw them last year, they are impressive.

TFS
Steve

keith mitchell
01-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi joseph, would not do for us all to be the same ,I much prefer the second post as I view it the head certainly looks better, I would still be pleased to have these in my gallery.

Keith.

Joseph Przybyla
01-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, very much appreciated.

Stuart, I went back into the original and re-worked the image lightening the under wing. I like it better.