PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Reflection

Judy Howle
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
This is a photo I made late Monday afternoon after I made the previous coots image. I used Jixi Pix Aquarella and Artista Oil Paint filters on it on 2 layers.

Paul Lagasi
01-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Very nice reflection and post processing, if it were mine I'd remove or soften the edges of the two shapes A: bottom right next to the tree and B: triangle right side 3/4 of the way up.
I like it, well done

Anita Bower
01-23-2014, 08:38 PM
We seem to be on an abstraction theme. Lovely colors. I like the processing. You are reminding me to try JixiPix. I agree with Paul's suggestion. I''m not versed in abstractions, but, to my eye, the large black diagonal line on the right side is too dark. I wonder is there is any detail in it that could be brought out.

Dennis Bishop
01-24-2014, 11:18 AM
I like the abstractness, but I agree with Anita about the tree trunk on the right. There is some detail, there, and I decided to try using it along with the addition of some violet. You already have orange and yello-green, and, combined with violet, that gives a split complementary color relationship. First, I used Select>Color Range with a low Fuzziness setting and selected a spot on the tree trunk. With that in place, I loaded a Curves adjustment layer and lightened the living daylights out of it. (Because the selection was already active, the Curves layer only affected that tone in the trunk and some very small areas elsewhere in the image.) Then, I used Color Range with a higher Fuzziness setting to select a lot more of the trunk. With that active, I added a new layer, filled it with violet, and used a reduced opacity Saturation blend mode.

Cheryl Slechta
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Hey, Judy, very cool abstract. I like the rippled textures that you've gotten - I don't know if that's from the reflection itself or the filtering but either way it's nice. I don't mind the darker trunk on the right (probably because I've got several images of reflections that have the same thing:S3:). The only thing that I find moderately distracting is the grayish form to the left of that trunk (left if you're looking at the image). I keep thinking "little manatee" but it's an abstract so I guess that's OK.

Judy Howle
01-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. I'll try to work on it soon. I had cataract surgery Wed. and don't quite feel up to it now, but maybe tomorrow.

Diane Miller
01-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Very lovely image! I agree with the comments above and wonder if the trunk could be lightened on one or both of the layers somehow? Maybe with some cloning?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Let the eyes rest for a few days.