PDA

View Full Version : Spring migration fever?

Daniel Cadieux
05-12-2008, 09:00 PM
So...who else is experiencing this annual "bug"? Everywhere you look a new (for this year) species pops up. Just this evening I had an Indigo Bunting on my feeder...first sighting of this bird ever for my backyard list:). Warblers galore, flycatchers, thrushes, rails, sparrows, swallows, vireos, orioles, the list goes on and on.

If only we had the time to photograph them all.....

John Chardine
05-13-2008, 06:31 AM
It's fabulous Daniel. Spring is coming slowly here but as you say new species for the year pop up all over the place. It is a magic time for photography here right now because the leaves are still not out so visibility is excellent.

Paul Lagasi
05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Lol Dan, this is a time of year when we birders/photographers are in heaven...today I went to Mud Lake (disappointing) so I decided to try JP Trail, what a surprise...7 different warblers including an Ovenbird, many Swamp Sparrows got a great shot of one for my collection, Night Heron, and of course very obliging Virginia Rails but IF YOU GO BRING BUG JUICE they are out in force. I am going to Rondeau and Pelee this weekend, with stops along the way...we may as well enjoy it while it lasts.....Paul

Glenn Bartley
05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
I know I am.....Im dying to get back east to photograph some of these eastern warblers. Heading to Long point next week and will be also hitting up a few other spots over the next three weeks. I hope I get some cooperative birds :) I've been having no luck on the west coast lately :(

Philippe Collard
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I certainly have the bug right now, last fall I sold my 400mm DO because I thought I had lost interest in bird photography. But in the last two months I began all excited again and got a 1DMKII and a 500mm! I am constantly urging to go out and shoot, that's not good for my love life (the GF says I am obsessed) but I feel so good being out there making bird pictures it's like heaven. Last week I saw my first Baltimore Oriole of the year and that made my day (or week). I'll calm down a bit early July, not so many opportunities at that time and lots of black flies :D

Cheers,

Philippe.