PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Camouflage

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-21-2014, 01:46 PM
A male lion in Savannah grasslands at Masai Mara.
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 7D (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/)

Exposure
(1/400)

Aperture
f/5.0

Focal Length
200 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

</tbody>

Rachel Hollander
01-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi Sanjeev - you're right about the camouflage. This looks like you are on the right track again with pp. I like the centered placement in an image like this. The only suggestion I have is to reduce the reds overall.

TFS,
Rachel

David Kenny
01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Sanjeev,

I really like the colors and agree with Rachel about the lion being centered. It works well here.

- Dave

Steve Kaluski
01-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Hi Sanjeev, yep Mr Lion, ever the opportunist lying in wait and as you say, they blend into their environment oh so well.

I agree re colour, try using Selective colour, in the Red, Yellow & White, may give you better control like dropping the yellow slightly in the white, but again personal tastes. Keeping a low ISO is ideal, but perhaps ISO200 with a bit more DoF on the techs, the increase is magical on IQ.

TFS
Steve

BenBotha
01-22-2014, 02:02 PM
I like the photo. Techs-I am happy with the colour, the slight redness in front appears to be the grass. We have (in RSA) a species of grass the looks very much like the grass in the picture.
? the same grass in Mara. It is called "rooigras" or in English red grass-it has a slightly red colour. Did the lion have some blood stains on the neck and head?
Ben

Morkel Erasmus
01-23-2014, 01:57 AM
I like the look he gave you and the space you left all around. I would just dodge the midtones and shadows on his face a bit to make him stand out some more?

edwardselfe
01-24-2014, 07:32 AM
I would lose a little off the bottom, but otherwise I like.
Ed