PDA

View Full Version : Dune 45

peter delaney
01-21-2014, 07:18 AM
last of my dune series….

basically full frame,you may see slight banding in sky due to jpeg compression …

1/1000 f8 iso250 nikon 3s 70-200mm

David Stephens
01-21-2014, 10:57 AM
I love the high contrast and your working of the light and dark in PP. The lowly tree definitely anchors the image. This is about form and light, with a powerful result. I have no suggestions.

andresleon
01-21-2014, 04:13 PM
I could see a large print of this image on the wall of a very wealthy person. The contrast and tones are quite amazing! Very well done! Like David, I don't have anything to add. Very well done!

Don Railton
01-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Beautiful Peter, one of your best IMHO..! to be honest, they are inspirational actually... I have learnt so much from this series and I thank you for that.. Its started me off relooking at earlier images I have taken with a view to converting to B&W. A year ago I would never had considered that...

regards

DON

Dvir Barkay
01-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Very very pretty, not too much suggestions or ideas with this as its very well executed. I do see a bit of banding, but its not a biggie.

dankearl
01-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Striking and one of your best landscape for me.
I love the small tree at the bottom…...

David Kenny
01-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Peter,

This is my favorite of all your Dune photos. Great composition and lighting. The tree in the foreground really puts the size of the dunes into persepective. Outstanding image.

- Dave

Dave Mills
01-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi Peter,
The play of light and shadow is very strong with a simple yet effective composition. If this were mine I would have taken a small bit off the top and have added a small bit to the bottom.

Hilary Hann
01-23-2014, 08:21 PM
One of the strongest images I've seen from this place (and I've seen more than just a few!). I like the balance which emphasises the size of the dune and dwarfs the tree. I love the vignetting in the sky and would hate to see any of that lost from a tighter crop. I think that the tone you've used on the image brings it to life.

Stunning.

Andrew McLachlan
01-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi Peter...I see you have saved the best for last...perfectly composed...would not change a thing!

Rachel Hollander
01-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi Peter - you certainly saved one of the best for last. This may be my favorite though it's a tough call between this and b&w dunescape #2. No suggestions from me either other than to blow it up big.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
01-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi Peter, late but enjoyed every time i stopped by and had a look without leaving a comment.
All coming together in a good way IMHO.
Your technique is just brilliant in all terms , would not change a thing. Sadly there are foot steps , not much you can do, walked up myself in the past., along the ridge.Maybe the frame would be too perfect without them ?
Not sure which one to choose as best from the dunes, they are all great and very different , that makes them all unique, keep up the good work.
Will book a tutorial with you , when i am able to visit SA in the future, LOL.

Great stuff Peter, TFS
Andreas

Cheryl Slechta
01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi, Peter, I'm late to comment but this is stunning. The combination of the massive dunes and the small tree at the bottom is perfect and the toning and lighting is beautiful. I think for a complete abstract you could crop out the tree at the bottom - then it would be pure lines and form. But that doesn't mean I think you should change this one - I can't think of many landscapes I've seen that were nicer. I was just suggesting a second image if you're inclined:S3:

Morkel Erasmus
01-30-2014, 05:24 AM
Brilliant end to this series, Peter! Magnificent artistry :5

Jason Stander
03-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Peter... this is sublime... work of art... WD!:w3