PDA

View Full Version : San Miguel fountain

Diane Miller
01-20-2014, 02:10 PM
I was going thru some older folders and found this one that I've always liked. Basically just a B/W conversion with sepia toning, and an OnOne Photo Frame border.

Cheryl Slechta
01-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Lovely conversion, Diane. I like the subtle vignette and border.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
I like the old world feel, and the shadows of the leaves, and hints of the plants. I am not usually a fan of a lighter border but I do like this one, although I might go a little darker. I love that little cherub too.

Anita Bower
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Very nice. The processing is consistent with the content of the image. And, you did it very nicely.

Dennis Bishop
01-21-2014, 07:54 AM
This is so good. The composition is right on, you framed it very nicely when you shot and/or cropped it, and the sepia toning fits the image very well. Until very recently, my feeling about light borders was much like Jackie's, but that's rapidly changing, and I really like what you did, here. It's funny, I used a Photo Frame border -- a light one, at that -- for the first time in a long time just a couple days ago.

Diane Miller
01-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Thanks, everyone! What I really like are the vines on the wall -- wish the tree trunks on the right hadn't been there, but no way to get around them.

Dennis Bishop
01-21-2014, 03:02 PM
I like the vines, too. And the tree trunks, maybe for a couple reasons. The curve of the one on the right goes nicely with the curve of the arch, and the trees act as a visual stop, keeping the eyes in the image as they get to the right side. I think they're a plus.