PDA

View Full Version : prairie chicken

kevin Hice
01-18-2014, 04:33 PM
I took a picture of this prairie chicken in the fall late evening during a wind storm 35mph. in the sand hills of Nebraska. These birds were covered in the litter and when i stopped some stood ready to blow out. I took a bunch of photos this was one of my best . Had a hard time acquiring focus either because of the lack of contrast or the darkness.Finally turned off the auto focus and started shooting manually.I lucked out at the last minute and the sun broke through the clouds and put the light on top of the bird. Was shooting from truck window using blubb bean bag. Did some post in Photoshop elements.Saturation vibrance highlites cropping. A little cloning bottom right that was distracting by the birds tail because of sun coming from next row of corn. critiques welcomed Question because it was so dark out would taking the lens hood off helped?

canon 5d mark11
300 2.811
focal 600mm
ISO 1600
F stop 5.60
shutter 1/500
2xteleconvertor 11

kevin Hice
01-18-2014, 07:25 PM
having trouble posting image

Diane Miller
01-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Hi Kevin,

As a moderator I can edit your text but can't see any link to an attachment. Check out this thread and look down near the bottom of the first page for the heading Forum Participants.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/87352-Please-Read-Before-Posting-The-First-Time-and-Then-From-Time-to-Time

It's easier to post an image if you become a member.

Hope this will work for you.