PDA

View Full Version : Intense Glare

Dvir Barkay
01-18-2014, 10:33 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2834/12013603316_1a8be78dae_o.jpg

This was taken in the spring when the Snowy Egrets have beautiful plumage. This one was staring down all the other smaller Snowy Egrets, and I caught him with a very intense stare.

Sony A700, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6

ISO 250, f/5.6, 1/1250s

Marina Scarr
01-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Welcome to BPN and congrats on your first avian post. It's great to see you posting.

You captured some stunning plumage here, and I really like his pose. Both eyes and the plumes really stand out, esp from this angle against the blue water. If you have a little more room on the bottom for his virtual feet, it might work even better.

Dvir Barkay
01-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you for the comments, I am happy to join the forum as I still have a ways to go. I am glad that you like the pose, that is what caught my eyes first as well. I wish I had kept the RAW file as I might have had some more room to crop from if I recall correctly, but as it stands only the already cropped TIFF remains. Thank you for the advice as next time I shall be more careful with that.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi Dvir. I just love the feathers on these guys when the are extended like this. You did well with the exposure and the bird just pops against the great blue water. A lower shooting angle might have shown more of the eyes which would have been cool too. Agree on the virtual legs.

Dvir Barkay
01-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I agree with the lower angle, I was already told that before with this shot on naturescapes. The problem is that this was taken from above the Snowy as it was in a water channel below me. I too wish I could have been on ground level.