PDA

View Full Version : A Seat of Kings

Dvir Barkay
01-18-2014, 10:13 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3672/12012801483_0ed18a25ef_o.jpg

My first post here so I hope I did everything correctly.

Here is a shot from the Roman ruins of the ancient city of Priene. There is a small theater there, and in the theater there are a few magnificent seats which were reserved for the rich and wealthy. The sun was getting lower in the sky and it cast a nice afternoon glow which really helped bring out the colors of the site.

Sony A700, Sony 16-50/2.8 SSM
f/14, ISO 500, Handheld as I forgot my tripod :S3:

Morkel Erasmus
01-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the landscape forum, Dvir! :5
I like this scene, makes we feel like I'm in a LOTR movie hehe.
Those seats were perhaps for wealthy or kings but they still look like a good place to develop a lower back problem :bg3:.
I like the sunburst coming through and the overall mood. Exposure looks nicely balanced too.

Now, if you were a full-on BPN member you could post this at 1200px so we could REALLY enjoy it!

Dvir Barkay
01-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the landscape forum, Dvir! :5
I like this scene, makes we feel like I'm in a LOTR movie hehe.
Those seats were perhaps for wealthy or kings but they still look like a good place to develop a lower back problem :bg3:.
I like the sunburst coming through and the overall mood. Exposure looks nicely balanced too.

Now, if you were a full-on BPN member you could post this at 1200px so we could REALLY enjoy it!

Thank you Morkel :S3:
I didn't know you are on here, didn't see your name on the mods section. I know a lot of your work from naturescapes, not sure you ever saw my work on there.

I am glad you like this one, its one of my best (after 1.5 years of photography). I will join at one point and post it bigger as its much better large.

Andrew McLachlan
01-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the Landscape Forum Dvir!!! A very nice first post...you handled the lighting very nicely...as an alternate version what do you think of a pano crop without the sky and trees showing...all that stone work with a touch of Detail Extractor would look quite nice I think...just at thought. Looking forward to more of your landscape work :S3:

Dvir Barkay
01-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Thank you, I thought of doing that actually, but the rocks in the background aren't strong enough for me, I also love the greens that add a dash of color to a very grey/bluish colored stones.