PDA

View Full Version : European Treecreeper

christopher galeski
01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
Taken in my local wood,these birds are hard tosee still they are very active birds,starting at the bottom of the tree,they search for food,working there way up and around the tree,when they reach the height they want,they will fly off to another tree,and start again,always on the move.cannon500mm IS L F4,tripod,7D,crop,sharpened for web,some NR in BG.iso1250,1/650S,F4.

Steve Kaluski
01-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi Chris nice side profile and the f/4 BKG separates the subject nicely. I might be tempted to halve the space at the foot of the image between tail and trim edge and so you have more space above the subject rather than what appears to be, equal space? Be nice to have seen it at 900px high to appreciate this tiny subject more. :S3:

TFS
Steve

christopher galeski
01-18-2014, 03:45 AM
is this better Steve,and thanks for comments and looking.

Steve Kaluski
01-18-2014, 04:38 AM
Indeed it s Chris. :cheers:

I just feel that the ratio of space infers 'moving up' the tree now. Nice capture as these guys are quite quick, darting about in any direction, so well done, great to see you out & about considering the weather we are experiencing. Although the conditions were overcast it did help with the whites, however I just wonder if they do need to drop a small fraction by the throat, WDYT?

Joseph Przybyla
01-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Lovely image of a bird I am not familiar with. Thank you for sharing.

Stu Bowie
01-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi Chris, this fellow really does look small, but you have captured a good pose. I like all the curves, the roundness of the back, together with the curved beak. The green moss on the tree trunk adds interest, and although the trunk may have been slightly slanting, I would have made the trunk vertical in pp work. :w3

Bill Dix
01-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Well done, Chris. Like our Brown Creeper, which is notoriously difficult to see and to photograph. Especially to get him on just the right part of the tree, and with a nice BG. Repost really helps.

John Robinson
01-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Looks about right to me Chris. Was it a nest site .? I find them really hard and only managed to really nail them this year after a long time trying.
Bit of something in the back would have been nice:bg3:
John

Jonathan Ashton
01-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Excellent shot Chris, a very difficult subject and you nailed it well done.

Jim Crosswell
01-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Great image Chris! I like the sharpness, details, perch and composition in the repost. I have yet to get an image of the Tree Creepers in my area.

Holger Leyrer
01-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Congratulation. This little guys are very difficult to capture. I know it :w3
I Like the perch, colurs and details. Well done !