PDA

View Full Version : Comments

Cheryl Slechta
01-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi, to all of you who participate in OOTB. I would like to copy Rachel's comment on the post that she moved from Wildlife to OOTB - "to promote a sense of community and to help us learn from each other, we recommend that you post comments on at least 3-5 other images each time you post your own image. Your comments don't have to be technical in nature. Just tell us what you like or don't like about an image. " I think it's a little harder to comment on OOTB images because they are supposed to be "artistic" which goes beyond technical critiques into the realm of an artist's vision. However, I do feel that as Rachel stated one of the benefits of being involved with a website like BPN is a sense of community and the learning experience which will be enhanced when people who post images take the time to add constructive comments on other images that have been posted as well. I truly believe that critiquing images other than your own is a critical part of improving your own images.
Thanks to everyone who shares their vision in OOTB:S3:

Dennis Bishop
01-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Very well said. And very true.

Anita Bower
01-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I completely agree. I learn a lot from having to think about someone else's image and write about it.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-17-2014, 09:15 AM
I just find it common courtesy to post on other's images. I do find I am getting a little annoyed by people who post yet fail to comment very much on others' photos. I think Anita is right you do learn a lot by critiquing.